Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter is 18 she has type A flu diagnosed yesterday She…

Customer Question
My daughter is 18 she...
My daughter is 18 she has type A flu diagnosed yesterday
She has temp 38 after Panadol and neurofen
She is on the tamiflu puffer
Her tonsils are very very big making swallowing painful and difficult
What else can I do ?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Was she also screened for strep throat?

throat swab done

Did her doctor comment on her swollen tonsils?

she said they looked viral.
We have just been back o Dr. THOAT swab not back till 6 pm tonight, and dr rooms closed then. So results not able to get ill on day morning.
Dr recommended cold and flu tablets, and neurogenic and diff lam spray to numb the throat. Chest clear at present - but wrote script for antibiotics in case it drops to chest.
My daughter was feverish, and sweating in bed overnight.
My daughter feels okay in the morning and her symptoms worsen late afternoon and in the evening.
Nurofen

OK

At this point it sounds like she has strep throat even with the negative test

So you need to start giving her the antibiotics for now

She can also gargle with warm salt water and use a lidocaine oral spray for the pain

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor