Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the last three days I have this sharp pain in the middle…

Customer Question
For the last three...

For the last three days I have this sharp pain in the middle of my upper back. It feels like someone is sticking a sharp pin in my back.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No injuries, nothing it just comes at different times

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm on blood pressure pills, methforman and the usual Bayer aspirin everyday

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Thank you

With your history of high blood pressure and diabetes, it is essential that you get an EKG, troponin test and echocardiography for this episodic pain (to rule out any heart association or blood vessel / artery association like aneurysm).

If all of these come normal, following would be advised;

1) Heating pad

2) Physical therapy

3) Deep electrotherapy

4) Motrin / Advil.

5) Acupuncture.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.