Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My throat is killing me when I swollen and I just looked and…

Customer Question
My throat is killing...

My throat is killing me when I swollen and I just looked and there is a white mucus line in the back of my throat.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No injuries.. just started Wednesday night

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No... I have been subbing at the schools and I've heard strep throat is going around.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dera customer,

Thank you for the question.

What is your concern regarding this? What treatment are you taking to relieve the throat pain? Did it help?

I have just been taking Tylenol.. wondering if I need an antibiotic
Hello?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

You may definitely need an antibiotic in view of the whitish lesions in the back of your throat and severe pain. So, you should go to your doctor for a diagnosis and antibiotic. Till then gargling with salt water will help.

Take care.

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Thank you.

Dear customer,

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you.