Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I had a deep cut on my thumb about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I could

Customer Question

I had a deep cut on my thumb about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I could not get to a hospital. I put a band aid on the cut now after a few weeks its healed but there is a amass limb that has popped up and I have no feeling in the top of my thumb. Do I need to get seen?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated pain,tenderness on affected area?

Can you bend your thumb?

Please upload a picture to review.

Are you taking any medications?

Any other medical history?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if I press on the lump it hurts and when I touch the numb part it burns .
I can bend my thumb.
No medication.
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your picture.

Well such mass under wound can be scar tissue.

And such numbness can be associated with damage to nerve while passing underneath the skin supplying to thumb.

And while the wound is healing, the nerve ending may come together and heal or sprout new connections but this might take several months.

I would recommend definitely to see your primary care doctor if the wound was sufficiently big to injure the nerve, and to treat the pain associated with the injury.

And if required a referral to hand surgeon can be advised.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.