Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I'm feeling very anxious. I'm looking for a job and not

Customer Question

Hi, I'm feeling very anxious. I'm looking for a job and not having much luck, hence being constantly anxious. I can't sleep, I feel depressed (whch may be situational). I'm just on edge. I don't drink, haven't since 1990 when I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease). I've been in a maters program w a 4.0 gpa but I can't attend until I'm placed in pracrticum. All of this has me agitated and I know it will pass but this daunting feeling is very real
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: I'd say 5 months or so. My mom's and sister's health has been bad and I've become responsible to take care of them. I also had all mu upper teeth extracted (phase 1 for dental implants) so that's been a huge adjustment
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take soma when my neck hurts, levo for thyroid, and patonix (spelling) for acid reflex.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry you are so anxious.

there are medications which can help you decrease your anxiety and depression symptoms.

you have to see a doctor for medications and treatments

do you have health insurance to be able to see a doctor ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your response doctor. I do have a doctor but due to scheduling conflicts, I haven't been able to see her and today has been a particularly bad day.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I see

have you taken any anti-anxiety medications in the past?

we can't prescribe medications to clients here online

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have and that was years ago. It did help. I should probably see a therapist to learn coping methods but fitting it in is another problem. Thank you for your time
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

yes, seeing a therapist can help

seeing a doctor for medications like sertraline, paroxetine, fluoxetine, hydroxyzine, propranolol, buspirone, wellbutrin can help decrease your anxiety and depression symptoms.

regular exercise and yoga can help with your symptoms.

there are some services for depression ovline

https://amwell.com/cm/services/online-psychiatry/

you can try this as well

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much for helpful tips Dr. David!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

you are welcome

do you see the ratings area?

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did give a rating score and also respond to your last email. It's odd you didn't receive it. I will dollow up w all your suggestion. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com