Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Had a ekg done and I was told that it was a 5.8 interval,

Customer Question
Hello, had a ekg...

Hello, had a ekg done and I was told that it was a 5.8 interval, and that is was worse on a male than a female I am a female.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes, I am taking several medications I have a hernia which I was supposed to have surgery but was sent home by the respiratory therapist

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Yes codeine a bactrine, most of my medication is things like nexum muscle relaxation and thyroid medication

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have hypothyroidism and have spondylosis in my bac

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
9/8/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 9 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

What interval are you referring to?

And could you post your EKG for me on this page?

No, I don't have a copy but I was told that there was i believe an abnormal distance between heartbeats,my doctor told me a 5.8 was not bad

I understand

That just meant that your heart rate was in the low normal range--probably in the 50's

If the rest of the EKG was normal that isn't anything at all worrisome

Please let me know if you need any more information