Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I haven't been eating for several weeks and what ever I try

Customer Question

I haven't been eating for several weeks and what ever I try to eat like lettuce, I force myself to purge. I'm scheduled for surgery and am nervous that I wont pass the pre-op testing so I have been taking large amounts of vitamins. What else can I do to keep safe for now?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I've seen several dr's and asked for help, and was even sent to the ED by my therapist but was sent away because I'm not "underweight". I've been hospitalized previously for this and am trying to avoid that
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a spinal injury and crps that has caused severe pain and limitations with movement. I'm taking anti-anxiety meds and gabapentin for nerve pain but do not want to rely on pain meds until after surgery.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: its been for the past 4 years and I have had 23 surgeries trying to help. This all occurred after surgery for resection of tumors. At this point the pain is where my legs feel like I cant bear pressure of standing. My bones aren't healing properly and have had failed fusions
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

not eating for several weeks is not good

it sounds like you have an eating disorder.

have you told your doctors about your eating disorder.

you should not be purging and vomiting up your food.