Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Before I pay for an appt. I am visiting my grandson in Reno,

Customer Question

Before I pay for an appt. I am visiting my grandson in Reno, Nevada for the summer and my family doc wants to see me back in Texas before refilling amitriptyline 20mg daily to stop my severe and nauseating headaches. Can the doctors on demand also prescribe?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: The headaches are known as the suicide headaches, with them comes the most horrible nausea so the doctor has me take the meds daily to stop the pain and I have not had one this summer. They come periodically sometimes 2 or 3 times a week. I have had a multi level three cervical fusion and discectomy and wonder if that is the cause because they began after that.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I am healthy except for severe lower back problems
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, I don't understand your question.

Are you asking if your doctor has a right to demand to see you in order to prescribe?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was hoping to avoid an emergency room visit. I do not know how I wound up on this site. I was asking doctors on demand if they are able to prescribe the meds I take daily to prevent the suicide headaches? It led to you!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I just need to find out about getting a refill on my amitriptyline 20 mg for suicide headaches.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

You can not get a prescription for a psych med [even though it is used for headaches] off the internet.

Would you like to here of some other options?