Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My wife was diagnosed with a tick borne disease, but after

Customer Question

My wife was diagnosed with a tick borne disease, but after finishing the regimen of antibiotics, she shows no improvement. So far the only unusual markers are enlarged red blood cells and anemia. She is so weak, she can hardly walk to the bathroom and back
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: She started with a rash in July. It lasted about 4 weeks. The rash is gone now, but the itch continues. She is nauseous off and on, has diahrea off and on and is weak and exhausted all the time with no break in these symptons
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Just that she has a peculiar condition on her hands and feet: they are peeling like she was recovering from sunburn
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

how old is she?

she could have a bad viral infection like hand foot viral infection causing the pealing of the skin

she could have mononucleosis viral infection as well which can cause severe fatigue.

she should get her stool cultured to check for infection like clostridium difficile infection which can occur after antibiotic therapy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is now hospitalized because of a serious drop in her kidney function. They found a shadow on her pancreaus but they can't do a C T Scan until her Kidney functions are back to normal
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I see

she can still have an abdominal ultrasound or an MRI scan without contrast to look at her pancreas

she can get blood test to check her amylase and lipase levels to check for inflammation of her pancreas

she can get CA 19-9 blood tests to check for pancreatic cancer

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com