Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

Would you be able to help me find an option to getting the

Would you be able to help me find an option to getting the abortion pill in Odessa or Midland, tx? I have a called a few obgyns and they do not provide it. I'm currently 8 weeks.

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

You have a few options. You can contact online doctors who can call in medication for you such as misoprostol. Have you looked for any planned parenthood clinics?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your response. The nearest planned parenthood clinic is over 300+ miles from me. How do I find an online doctor? Would you be one? By the way, I live in west Texas. I have called some obgyns in Midland and Odessa, and so far none of them will give the abortion pill.
I would advise calling that clinic or emailing them and they will surely point you in the right direction regarding local services available to you.
I cannot prescribe medications through JA unfortunately otherwise I would.
I would recommend trying Teladoc or Doctors on Demand or even American Well. These are online telemedicine companies that can send scripts of most medications to nearby pharmacies. Try these few steps and let me know how far you get and I'll see what else I can do if you hit road blocks.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello. Thank you again for your response. I tried Doctor on Demand. They do not service Texas residents, my organization does not allow me a membership to Teladoc. American Well didn't work for me either. Would you have any other suggestions? Or do I just have to call every obgyn in the area? I'm worried because I've read the time limit for the abortion pill is 10 weeks and I am 8 weeks now.
Thank you

Based on my research I would advise you to contact the following locations and ask for referrals to the clinics closests to you. Because of your location it's unlikely that you will be able to find someone very close to you but it seems that NM has more resources than TX.

All the ones I have listed below have advertised on their website or peripherally that they will provide patients with abortion information by means or referral or recommending appropriate resources:

1. https://www.newbeginningscarlsbad.org/
  2. http://roswellmedical.com/
  3. planned parenthood (which I mentioned before)
  4. http://alamowomensclinic.com/
  5. http://www.1800abortion.com/

Please let me know if you have further questions.

If you don't have further questions, please click on "Rating".

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry it took a while. I still have questions. I did find a place in El Paso. Can I ask you questions about the meds tha I took? Or do I have to start a new session?
Thank you

I'm happy to answer your questions regarding the pills you took.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I took the mifeprex on Wednesday and I took the four misoprostol on Friday. I also took a Naproxen a half hour before I took the misoprostol on Friday. I did have some fairly painless cramps (they were just uncomfortable). I did have bleeding and I passed about 4 clots. Now it's Saturday and the bleeding is light. I passed one clot this morning. I have not seen a gestational sac yet. The place in El Paso said I was about 9 weeks and 7 days. They warned me that the process might be painful and difficult since I was further along. As of today I have hardly any cramps. Is all this normal? Or does it mean that something isn't working right? I should still expect the gestational sac?
Thank you

Yes, it's perfectly normal. Not having severe pains doesn't mean that you are or aren't going through the process successfully. Most of my patients can't fully see an intact gestational sac so I wouldn't be actively looking for it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't go back for a check up until the first week of October. When would I be able to take a pregnancy test to confirm that I am no longer pregnant?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
also be being at 9 weeks and 7 days...I may not be able to recognize the gestational sac?
Sure the dates have something to do with it but it's hard enough to identify it even when it comes out intact much less when it's mixed in with clots.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. And how soon could I take a pregnancy test to determine I'm not pregnant still?
I don't go to my follow up appointment until October 5th. I would like to know before that.

Your HCG levels will stay up for up to 2 weeks. I might take around that much time before all the HCG resolves from your system.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, thank you.
This is my last question I believe.
I had got the Liletta iud put in place in January 2017. I've had two children in 2003 & 2006. I also had the Leep procedure done in March of 2017 while I had the Liletta iud in place.
I previously had a Mirena iud from 2011 from 2013 that worked successfully.
I estimate I got this current pregnancy July of 2017. When I went to my obgyn two weeks ago, my doctor could not find it. They did two ultrasounds and he physically looked for it, but no one could find it.Would I have felt it come out?Or is it possible it is still inside me and it just can't be seen?Thank you again for your time.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did you see my last question?Thank you

Sorry, I missed your question but here is my answer.

No, the IUD's are incredibly tiny so it's possible that it fell out. If it's not found we do an Ultrasound and if US is negative we do an abdominal and pelvic CT.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do you mean by "CT"

CT scan. Similar to MRI but uses a different machine.