Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have little red bumps on my scrotum. They don't each or

Customer Question

I have little red bumps on my scrotum. They don't each or any thing. Never had them before and they popped up about a week ago. I have a picture of them if you need.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?
Customer: I have them for about 2 1/2 weeks. And they aren't a bother to me. Except I can just see them
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Please post a photo here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Photo
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Did you shave about the time they came on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I always shave and it has never happened before.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

These can be genital warts however, they do not show the typical clustered appearance that herpectic lesions usually have. They are not itchy or painful that also goes out of the usual norm of warts. That is why I was suspecting bacterial infection brought on by shaving. If you have never had these before after shaving that does not mean you can not get a bacterial infection of the hair follicles.

I would suggest that you schedule an appointent with your PCP and have these looked at and mean while apply OTC triple antibiotic protection ointment on these twice a day to see if that solves the problem.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.