Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

Second opinion] I have a 4 month old daughter that has had a

Customer Question

Second opinion] I have a 4 month old daughter that has had a cold for about 7 weeks and I have taken her into the doctor 3 times we have been on 2 different kind of medicine and nothing is working she is having a hard time breathing when she is laying down and feeding and I want to know what's wrong with her?JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?Customer: She is on a higher dosage of amocillineJA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

It could be RSV which is a virus, it could be bronchiolitis of other causes.

It would make sense that she would have more of a hard time breathing when laying down because the fluid and mucous in the lungs probably irritates her airway.

Is she still gaining weight in this time and consuming the same amount and having adequate wet diapers?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
she is
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

If she is doing fine otherwise I wouldn't be worried about something serious going on. It's most likely something viral that has caused inflammation in the lungs. It most certainly will resolve but might take time.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Otherwise please click on "Rating" when done.