Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Second opinion] I have a 4 month old daughter that has had a…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a 4 month old daughter that has had a cold for about 7 weeks and I have taken her into the doctor 3 times we have been on 2 different kind of medicine and nothing is working she is having a hard time breathing when she is laying down and feeding and I want to know what's wrong with her?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

She is on a higher dosage of amocilline

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/8/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

It could be RSV which is a virus, it could be bronchiolitis of other causes.

It would make sense that she would have more of a hard time breathing when laying down because the fluid and mucous in the lungs probably irritates her airway.

Is she still gaining weight in this time and consuming the same amount and having adequate wet diapers?

she is

If she is doing fine otherwise I wouldn't be worried about something serious going on. It's most likely something viral that has caused inflammation in the lungs. It most certainly will resolve but might take time.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Otherwise please click on "Rating" when done.