Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My primary dr will no longer write me a rx for Norco and I…

Customer Question
My primary dr will...

My primary dr will no longer write me a rx for Norco and I have been to 2 pain clinics that wont write a script because they said whoever has been writing the script has to do it. sadly I have done injections and they don't help. I have 3 spinal surgeries 1 with a fusion. I have stenosis and 3 bulging discs right now. what do I do

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I have had the pain for at least the last 5 years. I also had my big toe amputated on Aug 7 of this year and he would only write 4 weeks of rx's

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of besides the fact 24 years ago I was walking and got hit by a drunk driver. I was dragged 30 ft under a minivan and thrown 45 feet in the air. I had a compound fracture in my left femur and my right femur shattered I know have rods and screws holding them together I broke all my ribs and my collar bone and I also have rods and screws in my spine

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/7/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

We answer questions on the site.

I have read and understood your difficult situation.

What is your question about all of this?

is there a way that you or someone else can write a rx for me until I can get this worked out

No.

An online prescription would be totally illegal.

You have very limited options, would you like to here them?

First I need to know exactly why your primary doctor will not give you enough to get to pain management.

I also need to know why two pain management doctors rejected you.

my primary was writing them and then my podiatrist wrote one that I had filled and he said because I had another dr write a rx he won't anymore. 1 clinic doesn't do meds they want you to go to whoever was writing them and the 2nd place just wanted to give me injections. I let them do trigger point injections that didn't work

Yes, but there are many other meds taht do work.

Part of your problem is that you are asking for an opiate and this will always be a red flag.

At the clinic where the injections did not work, did you go back and tell the doctor this? If so, what was the outcome?