Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I am having a severe pain in my left side around the bottom

Customer Question

I am having a severe pain in my left side around the bottom of my rib cage. the pain is steady and sharp. Around a 7 to level.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: It started last night after I went to bed. I took some Tylenol to help but did not last more than two hours I fell asleep and the pain returned.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had some pain in my intestine a little lower from this pain, was told it may be diverticulitis.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Do you have any burping or burning sensation in center of chest?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having severe pain in left side around the bottom of rib cage since last night can be due to various causes such as:gastric ulcer,pancreatitis,spontaneous splenic rupture,diseases of the colon,distension of the splenic flexure of the colon and some other rare causes.

You need following tests:

• Ultrasound scan
  • Upper endoscopy
  • Blood tests

Take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question regarding your pain?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & I am waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh