Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MS
4931939

I have high blood pressure and it was 147 over 107 so I took

I have high blood pressure and it was 147 over 107 so I took my lebatolol as directed but my heart rate was 55. Is that a problem?

Welcome to justanswer.I am Dr.Sawhney and your complete satisfaction is my goal.

What is the usual range for your heart rate?

Was it 55 before you took labetalol?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's usually around 60-75 depending on the day. Yeah it was 55 when I took it

If your heart rate remains in the range of 60-75 it should not cause any problem.It may decrease the rate a little further, but that should not be a problem as your body has already adjusted to a lower heart rate.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay do you know why my blood pressure would be so high since I just woke up and my heart rate so low?

Cannot really comment on the high blood pressure at waking up though heart rate is usually on the lower side when we wake up.It usually goes up as we resume activity.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thank you

Thanks and best of luck.

Do take a moment honor my work and time by rating my answer, hopefully, 5 stars.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you!