Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My swelling one side on my tongue is because I fell and bit…

Customer Question
My swelling one side...

My swelling one side on my tongue is because I fell and bit it. Now I can't eat and it's getting more swollen

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

This was 3 days ago, tripped at night in came down and bit my tongue blood was all over carpet. Can't eat or drink tongue is swelling more and more.i have no medical insurance

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, il ike beer, but take no medications

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/7/2017
Doctor: Dr.Sawhney, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I am Dr.Sawhney and your complete satisfaction is my goal.

Thanks for your question.

To decrease the swelling you can try the things I am going to write.

I am typing your answer and would post it shortly.

First of all you need to suck some ice cubes frequently as Ice causes the swelling to decrease.
You can also put some sugar on the area of swelling as sugar has a hygroscopic property and would decrease the swelling.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties and using mouth switches with turmeric solution made by mixing turmeric and water would help decrease the swelling and would also help against infection.
You may also take anti inflammatory medication like Ibuprofen to decrease the swelling.
If the spelling still persists, you will need to have a doctor look at it and prescribe you steroids which have got a strong anti inflammatory activity. Prescription antibiotics may also be needed in that case.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.