Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I've been getting sick on and off quite more than ususal, so

Customer Question

Hi , I've been getting sick on and off quite more than ususal , so i wen t for a Vitamin B shot to hlp out my immune system but 1 week later and i'm sick again (right now) . i sleep well , i eat healthy an i exercise ... i don't know what to do :( it's frustrating. Any advice would be much appreciated .
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: My symptons always start off with the raw , scratchy throat , then it's a sore wet cough , i get fever , i throw up sometimes when on prescribed medication and just drained and sleepy.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Only medication i take is my oral contraception that i've been on for years now . Now and again i would drink a multi vitamin but that's about it .
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope , just that in the past few months i've been sick more than the average human gets sick in a year ...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

How many times have you had such episodes of sickness in the last year? What investigations were done? What treatment was prescribed by your doctor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well in the last month i've been sick 4 times ... once with severe bronchitis , no investigation were done and i usually get put on a nebuliser and other flu medication.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Everyone keeps telling me it's not normal for me to get sick so often , but i don't know what else could be wrong than just my immune system being very low , do you think i should get blood tests done ?

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

I definitely recommend further investigations. You should get a chest x-ray, sputum culture, and blood counts done. With the symptom of fever and wet cough, a bacterial infection is a possibility. Not treating it with an antibiotic will lead to recurrent infections. With treatment, you will avoid persistent infection. I don't think that there is any problem with your immune system.

Take care.

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Thank you.