Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been having these crazy like spasms in my vaginal area.

Customer Question
Hello I've been having...

Hello I've been having these crazy like spasms in my vaginal area. I'm a 22 year old virgin btw its like a very sharp pain it doesn't last long I'm very scared and it's kinda embarrassing talking about it

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

A few weeks , it happens out of nowhere I haven't discovered a way to ease the pain just yet but now I'm growing worried

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No only thing that I can say is that I struggle with irregular periods

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/7/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Any vaginal discharge?

Itching?

Burning sensation and pain during urination?

Are you taking any medications?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

No itching or discharge or painful urination. However I struggle with irregular periods and im prone to UTI's but it's not a UTI. The pain is a short sharp pain I sometimes feel the pain in my abdominal area it lasts for a few seconds then it goes away it makes me cringe a little

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,it sounds vaginismus-the vaginal muscles involuntarily or persistently contract causing spasms.

You should do warm water sitz bath with betadine solution.

Also take OTC Motrin.

You should do kegel exercises.

And hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

If your symptoms 'll persist then see your doctor for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

In case of burning sensation,discharge then infection should be ruled out.

Start RepHresh Pro-B probiotic supplement that balances yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health with just one capsule per day.

You should wear loose fitted clothes.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Thank you so much I just have one question Is it possible to have vaginimus if your a virgin like I haven't ever tried to insert anything.

It is primary vaginismus when vaginal penetration has never been achieved.

Try such self care measures which provide you relief.

If your symptoms'll persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. Bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide rating.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil