Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Second opinion] when i was laying down I was feeling my ribs…

Customer Question
Second opinion] when i was...
Second opinion] when i was laying down I was feeling my ribs and under my left rib/ upper ab kind felt something there almost like a popping sensation. i had a blood cell test before finding this and my results were normal. I have no pain i only feel discomfort because i keep touching for it. I am 22 and athletic so fairly healthy. What could it be?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/7/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Do you have any shortness of breath associated with this sensation?

Dera customer,

Thank you for replying.

It is likely that your discomfort is due to muscle soreness due to the constant touching and palpation. If you don't have any shortness of breath this discomfort is not concerning and does not indicate any underlying disease. The discomfort will resolve in a day or two. To relieve the discomfort you can take Tylenol. Warm compresses will also help.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,

Thank you!