Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Second opinion] when i was laying down I was feeling my ribs

Customer Question

Second opinion] when i was laying down I was feeling my ribs and under my left rib/ upper ab kind felt something there almost like a popping sensation. i had a blood cell test before finding this and my results were normal. I have no pain i only feel discomfort because i keep touching for it. I am 22 and athletic so fairly healthy. What could it be?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Do you have any shortness of breath associated with this sensation?

Dera customer,

Thank you for replying.

It is likely that your discomfort is due to muscle soreness due to the constant touching and palpation. If you don't have any shortness of breath this discomfort is not concerning and does not indicate any underlying disease. The discomfort will resolve in a day or two. To relieve the discomfort you can take Tylenol. Warm compresses will also help.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,

Thank you!