Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am a 70 yr old woman and in pretty good health. I passed a

Customer Question

I am a 70 yr old woman and in pretty good health. I passed a stress test recently with flying colors. I take several supplements and am wondering if I may be taking some I don't need. Can you give me a basic idea of what I should take for my age?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: My doctor knows what I take. I take triamterene, Zoloft, Xanax, requip, zyrtec, singular, and I think that is it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: There is diabetes and cancer on both sides but I have neither. I am overweight by about 40 to 50 pounds. And I suffer from depression
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: I have had depression for years. I have tried different antidepressants and am now trying Zoloft. I have been awfully tired and down for over a year now and I do see a counselor
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry you have depression.

what supplements are you taking?

do you think they are helping? or not doing very much

are you able to improve your diet and are you able to exercise?

exercise can help decrease anxiety and depression symptoms and can help you have more energy.

zyretc and singular are both allergy pills. do you need both of them?