Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a number of what are called "Calcium" deposits in…

Customer Question
I have a number of...
I have a number of what are called "Calcium" deposits in various areas of my body that have shown up in X-rays. I recent "OATS" (Organic Acids Tests) revealed that I have very large amount of Oxylates on testing. Is there an imaging technique that can tell the difference between Oxylate and Calcium deposits?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

have you been tested for gout?

No

That would be the next step

This can be due to diet and meds too

what meds do you take?

I really don't believe I have any symptoms of gout. No pain in joints, redness of hands, no swelling. My question deals specifically with if there is an "imaging technique" that can tell the difference between "Calcium" and "Oxalates?"

No there is no imaging technique

I'm sorry

is this helpful?

Actually, It was my understanding there was some imaging technique that deals somehow with Flourecense to determine this, I was hoping to have my question answered by a radiologist.

I can opt out if you like but I really don't think there is