Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

On Thursday night I had the symptoms of bells palsy. That…

Customer Question
On Thursday night I...

On Thursday night I had the symptoms of bells palsy. That day at work I worked in a dusty environment and the next day I thought I had a sinus infection. I went to work and filed a workers comp report. I went to a workers comp doctor and she said I had bells palsy. So Friday - Tues. I was off work and took the medication. I was instructed to see my family doctor. The family doctor is out 6-9 weeks for an opening. How long can I normally be off work initially without being fired with no doctor's guidance?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No meds at all. except for the 5 day steroid and 7 day anti viral. The steroid is done today the antiviral thurs or friday

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

None I can think of. I did have chicken pocks and a made care of shingles in my histiory

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

bell's palsy is usually caused by a cold or temporary virus and usually gets better in a few days.

are you having allergy sinus symptoms or a sinus infection symptoms which need antibiotic?

you may not have needed to file a workers comp report.