Kindly answer to these questions, this will help me in gathering additional information related to your health concerns related to your father in law;
1) Just double checking, till yesterday his memory was good and this just started today, am I right? Does he look confused, disoriented or hallucinating too, or just memory loss?
2) Is he having any headaches, stiffness of the neck, nausea or vomiting or sensitivity to light etc? Also are there any other symptoms like paralysis of the limbs, or facial droop, double vision, speech difficulty or difficulty with swallowing etc?
3) Did they start him on any antibiotics in the hospital? Any other new medications started in the hospital?
4) Have they started investigating him for the memory loss, or not yet started investigating?
5) Do we know where exactly he is having the spinal cord abscess (at what level) and did they discuss with you guys what are their plans in treating the abscess?
6) Does he have any already diagnosed medical health conditions like diabetes, thyroid, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, or any other?