Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a question, My son got a rash on his cheeks about 2…

Customer Question
Hi goodnight Doctor's Assistant:...

Hi goodnight

Doctor's Assistant: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.

Yes I have a question

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

My son got a rash on his cheeks about 2 days now. Tiny red bumps

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?

And now he has fever that's over 104 F

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing in particular. But he usually has a runny nose (which his doc said might be from dust)

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
9/6/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Both high grade fever and facial erythema go with viral fever. You need to g8ve tylenol / acetaminophen for fever alongwith tepid sponging if iits as high as 104. No need for any antibiotics ,as it will settle on its own in a couple of days.

You may give benadryl for runny nose ,will help your kid feel better.

I hope it was helpful.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Its more like slapped cheek appearance of Parvo virus . It will settle down spontaneously, just take care of the fever.

Please let me know if it was helpful.

Available to answer any further queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Kind regards.

Dr Saleem.

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor