Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I understand and do accept the decline of bodily organs,

Customer Question
functions, and processes with age...
I understand and do accept the decline of bodily organs, functions, and processes with age. I am interested in slowing down said decline in my capacity to have and sustain erections. What do you advise/recommend?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not. I am taking 81m aspirin (daily), plavix (daily) and a statin for controlling cholesterol.
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I have had 2 heart attacks and a 3ple bypass. The bypass was nearly 9 years ago. After the bypass I felt very well. In the last year, however, I seem to experience frequent fatigue and lack of energy. Other than that, I feel well.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: About 3 years ago I had a hernia surgery.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/6/2017
Doctor: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 2 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you are exploring the treatment options for slowing down of the decline in the capacity to have and sustain erections. As a neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

I am almost done with my typing I will follow up with you very soon.

Best Regards!

Please see the following are the various treatment options that can help in slowing down of the decline in the capacity to have and sustain erections. Yes, as age advances we all may have some issues with erections but there are treatments and recommendations that can help in this regard.

The following are the recommendations and treatments in this regard;

A) The following are certain general measures to help in this regard;

If there are any psychological factors like stress or anxiety or depression etc then these need to be treated appropriately. I see you are having frequent fatigue and lack of energy so depression need to be ruled out

Thyroid disease or anemia etc too can cause the above symptoms so these conditions too need to be ruled out

If you have any health conditions like diabetes, or high blood pressure these too need to be treated well

Adequate daily exercise can help

Proper & healthy diet containing low fat, sufficient proteins, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants etc too is found very helpful in this aspect

B) The following are the various OTC (Over the counter) medications or supplements to help with improving the erections & libido;

Yohimbine preparation (available as both OTC or Prescription pills)

Libido-max Power extending formula

Boost Elite Testosterone Booster to increase Testosterone, Libido & Energy, Capsules

L Arginine or arginine

Horny Goat Weed

Panax Ginseng

Ginkgo Biloba etc

C) The following are the various Prescription medications to help with improving the erections & libido;

Tadalafil

Verdenafil

Sildenafil

Yohimbine (both OTC & Prescription as mentioned earlier above)

Testosterone (male hormone) preparations – there are various testosterone hormonal preparations available – this is used only if blood test shows reduction in the testosterone level

D) The following are various Alternative medicine therapies;

Biofeedback

Acupuncture

Hypnotherapy etc

E) If the above treatment options do not help then the following are the additional special treatments or special procedures to help with erectile dysfunction;

Vacuum Erection Device (VED)

ICP (intracavernous pharmacotherapy) or penile injection therapy etc

I am not telling all these above mentioned treatments are required in your case; I am trying to provide a list of the various treatment options like this so that you are familiar with various treatment options that are available for your condition and you may try to use these above treatments as necessary. If you see any of the above treatments you have already tried please disregard them and you may explore the treatment options which you may have not yet tried.

And also the earlier mentioned medical conditions like thyroid, anemia, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression etc too need to ruled out. And with a history of heart issues so it is important your dr is also involved with your care in this regard so that they can supervise the above mentioned treatments. All the above treatments can be used with a history of heart diseases but it is important your dr is aware of these and also supervise you during these treatments.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, when your time permits please go through the above posted answer and please let me know if you have any further questions or if you want to discuss this further.

The health concerns you have mentioned above can certainly be prevented & treated and in this regard you may please try to follow the above mentioned recommendations that can help in slowing down the decline in the capacity to have and sustain erections.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, do you have any additional questions? Do you want to discuss this further? Please let me know and I am available here.

And please do not forget to kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. And the rating will not incur any separate charges to you.

The rating area (stars) is supposed to be at the top part of the question, if you do not see the rating area you may scroll the page up or down to see it, or try to refresh the page. If you are still not able to see the rating area (stars), or encountering any other technical glitches please let me know and I can bring it to the notice of the company so that they can try to fix this technical glitch. Alternatively you may also just type in your rating in a response to this note, and the customer service will apply the rating for you.

If you have any additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)