Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My husband started having roaring sounds in his ears and…

Customer Question
My husband started having...

My husband started having roaring sounds in his ears and then was so dizzy he couldn't stand. Within 20 minutes he vomited and then had diarrhea. 3 hours earlier he ate some canned smoked oysters; he vomited them all up. Do you think that I should take him to the hospital?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

No and he had the ear situation earlier in the day also

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Oh dear.....he has polycythemia vera, emphysema and lung cancer with lymph node involvement.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 5 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This is ridiculous with all the hoops I have to jump through just to find out if I should take him to hospital. I am going to go ahead and go to the hospital.

He should be taken to hospital for the evaluation. His symptoms of tinnitus (roaring sound in ear and earlier too in the day), vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness with his past medical history warrant a physical exam and also investigations for assessment.

An infection or a cerebrovascular episode (mini stroke) should be ruled out.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I can understand the urgency for your husband's medical condition.

But it takes some time for reading, absorbing/processing the information and than typing back the relevant reply.

Hope your husband is doing good.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Family Physician, Doctor