Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

After two days of foot pain, i went to the doctor and after…

Customer Question
Hi, after two days...

Hi, after two days of foot pain, i went to the doctor and after xrays and symptoms, was told i have bursitis on the ball of my foot. Very painful to walk or weight-bear. Was prescribed Motrin 600 mg and 21 methylopredisoline 4 mg. Its now evening, my question is, can i begin taking the evening dose or best to wait till tomorrow morning for interval 6 tablets throughout the day? In alot of discomfort at the moment and hoped i could begin course of prednisone now. Many thanks.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Topamax, migraines 50 mg 2x daily

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

None

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/6/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

In what dosage was methylprednisone prescribed and how many tablets you have to take each day?

Age?

Was prescription given yesterday?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Well, the best option here is to start pack for methylprednisolone 4 mg tablets by tomorrow morning.

If you start, from evening, you may have some confusion in exact time and difference in two dosage.

So, best bet is- You should start methylprednisolone 4 mg from tomorrow morning.

Day 1: Two tablets before breakfast, one after lunch, one after dinner, and two at bedtime. If started late in the day, take all six tablets at once or divide into two or three doses, unless otherwise directed by prescriber.
Day 2: One tablet before breakfast, one after lunch, one after dinner, and two at bedtime
Day 3: One tablet before breakfast, one after lunch, one after dinner, and one at bedtime
Day 4: One tablet before breakfast, one after lunch, and one at bedtime
Day 5: One tablet before breakfast and one at bedtime
Day 6: One tablet before breakfast.

You can follow above schedule, from tomorrow morning.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh