Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having painful lower right side pain mostly at night to…

Customer Question
I am having painful...

I am having painful lower right side pain mostly at night to the point I have a hard time turning over, taking deep breaths. I notice mostly it happens when I am constipated for over 5 days. I have also notice low energy, belly weight gain, and dark sores on my arm and skin that is easily broken.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

6 months or more

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Hypoglycemia

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/6/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

What are the investigations done for lower right side pain? It is more on back or on abdomen?

Do you have bloating, gas, urinary symptoms, tenderness?

What is the cause of hypoglycemia?

Are you on any medications?

Thank you

You are most welcome.

Could you please answer the questions above?

Thank you.

45 female.
more on the back
bloating, and tenderness and gas
I am not sure the cause of hypoglycemia I was diagnosis about 5 years ago.
No medications

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

ok
Are you there?

The first recommendation would be to get the thyroid function tests. Abnormality of thyroid can cause all of your symptoms including lower back pain (which aggravates by constipation), low energy, belly weight gain and dark sores on arm.

Following also would be advised;

a) X-ray and MRI of lower back.

b) Blood investigations do give the clue. A complete blood count, biochemical profile, serum calcium, blood glucose, and adrenal function tests; which may give clue to the hypoglycemia too.

c) CT scan of abdomen.

Following dietary measures would be helpful;

1) Vegetables,

2) Fruits (especially dried fruits)

3) Cereals like whole wheat, bran or oatmeal

4) Celery

5) Grainy breads, such as whole wheat, rye or pumpernickel

6) Legumes, such as chickpeas, baked beans and lima beans

7) Dried plums (prunes), and prune juice

You can try ground flaxseed sprinkled on salads, cooked vegetables, and cereals.

Probiotics too are helpful.

Yoga, regular walking would also be advised.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

thank you.

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/