Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

I'm gluten intolerant, but sometimes I accidentally eat

Customer Question

I'm gluten intolerant, but sometimes I accidentally eat gluten. A few days afterwards I have a bowel movement and am nauseous that rest of the day. Why?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: loss of appetite, sleepiness, headache and nausea
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: episodic the nausea happens after I poop, I'm fine before I poop. It's like the pooping triggers the nausea and headache
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: diabetic
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 month ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Gluten intolerant people are usually very sensitive to gliadin,an amino-acid found in wheat.This trigger off an autoimmune reaction in the body,causing abdominal cramping,bowel movement/diarrhea,nausea and brain fog with headache.This may persist for a day or two,irritability and moodiness,itchy rash and jopint pains may also be felt before the symptoms clear off.These symptoms,all of them or a few,may be present on exposure to glutens in gluten intolerant people.