Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

It was my first night arriving uni Shenzhen from hong kong,

Customer Question
It was my first...

It was my first night arriving uni Shenzhen from hong kong, and I woke up with a bump over my left eyebrow that is prob 1.75 inches in diameter and is swollen

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

It was a bit itchy and sore just 24 hours so far

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not like this i though it was a ingrown pimple but i tried to relived it by poking a sewing needle through the surface lightly with no avail there was a bit of clear liquid, and when i say a bit im talking minute amounts very very minute like a pin drop

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
9/6/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

This is a question and answer.

I am assuming you are wondering what this is.

Please attach a picture.

here it is
What do you think

And this was not there till you woke up?

correct
To be honest im not sure what it is, but is very intimidating to have in a foreign country

Not much can do that.

a. sebaceous cyst, which can suddenly become inflammed and fill with fluid.

This is a cyst from a gland, and you need to see a doc for it.

A bite, with a localized allergic reaction.

You need to have it examined.

It is not dangerous which is about what can be said.

Cold compresses and anti histamines are something one might try, but if it continues to swell, exam needed immediately. Infection is possible.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page to work]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

im in china, what can a anti histamine be

diphenhydramine is everywhere.

alright and the cyst portion, they would balloon to this size over night

Rarely yes it could.

We can not treat you or diagnose you further; that is not the purpose of the site.

But infection, or inflammed cyst are most likely.

Or allergic reaction to a bite.

, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page to work]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician