Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is it ok for me to gove a try a levofloxacin for 4 weeks…

Customer Question
Is it ok for me...
Is it ok for me to gove a try a levofloxacin for 4 weeks course im done with my doxocyline 4 weeks course aswell and no improvement maybe levofloxacin will help?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
9/6/2017
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and i will help with your query.For which problem did you try the Doxycycline and why do you want to take the Levofloxacillin?Please give me more information,thanks.

Maybe i have protatitis i have clear sticky fluid discharged in the morning and burning an irritating inside my penis and frequently urination i did a 3 test on 3 different doctor the test for chlmaydia gonoreha and trichomoniasis came back negative now i am on 4 weeks doxocycline but i still have the symptomps
maybe i have a high uric acid on my urine aswell caused i am acidic inhave acid reflux doc

YOu may need to be investigated by a prostatic massage and examination of the discharged fluid for infection.A urine culture or a culture of the prostratic fluid to determine the cause of the infection will help identify the best drug for the infection.You may need to change the acidic nature of the urine by using an alkaliser.A bacterial culture and antibiotic sensitivity test will help idetify the best antibiotic for the problem.Blind use of antibiotics may cause more harm than good.

what should i say to my doctor to do a test?

Discuss the chances of identifying the bacteria after urine and prostatic fluid cultures before using empirical therapy for the prostrate infection.

But my discharge is just coming out only when i masturbate and wvery morning once i woke up. Just wanna make sure that this is not a chaydia gonoreha or trichomoniasis caused i have been test for those and negative wat u think doc? Urine test is acurate for those test?

Examination and culture of prostatic fluid after prostratic massage will help.

Where should i go to the urology cause i went to my urology she just give me doxocycline
Semen culture will help?

Yes,prostatic fluid culture and semen culture may help identify the bacteria if any.

Ok doc but u think this might be chlmaydia or gonoreha but i am negative on my 3 different test on 3 differnet doctor or prostatitis?
my groin was hurting right now
i went ti 3 different doctor they give me a shot of antibiotic on my ass and azithromycin and for gonoreha and 4 pills for trichomoniasis

Perhaps a urine and prostratic fluid culture would help ,empirical use of drugs would be the next step if the results are all negative.