Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Second opinion] is levofloxacin is effective and can cured…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi doc is...
Second opinion] Hi doc is levofloxacin is effective and can cured the acute prostatis and chronic prostatitis?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/31/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Levofloxacin is a very effective antibiotic against UTIs of all kinds including prostatitis. However, it is always better to have a semen culture done to find out which antibiotic the pathogens are sensitive to.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Ok doc i have symptomps like frequently urinate and burning on top of my penis and somtime itchy irritating and clear sticky discharge in every morning and when i masturbate i feel pain once my cum come out but i get 3 tested on 3 different doctor negative on chlamydia gonoreha and trichomoniasis right now im on 4weeks of doxocycline that my urolgy give it to me but i still have symptomps

You need to wait for the course of Doxycycline to finish and then get a culture and sensitivity test done before drawing any conclusions about the persistence of infection. I would also suggest that you avoid masturbation for a few days to let the inflammation in the prostate subside.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

What is the food to avoid if i have prostatitis, prostatitis can make your pennis clear sticky discharge right

There are no food restrictions with prostatitis and yes it can make your penis sticky.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Is prostatitis dangerous?

No, it is not a life threatening or a dangerous condition.

Hi doc once u have prostatitis is it ok to play basketball? And how come when i woke up in the morning there is a stain on my brain thats might be the clear sticky fluid discharged right?
Please do leave a positive rating for the service if there are no further queries.
Thank you.