Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have an ulcer/sore in my nose. I have several tubes of…

I have an ulcer/sore in...
I have an ulcer/sore in my nose. I have several tubes of medication and not sure which the doctor prescribed last fall when I had one.Is flotiran prescribed for nose sores? Clotrimazol+betametasona
8/30/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I wouldn't think so, fungal infections in the nose are very rare. Flotiran is a combination of antifungal ointment and a steroid and is mostly used for jock itch and the likes.

If you have a sore in the nose, it is most likely bacterial and you will benefit from a antibacterial ointment.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Glad I asked I was not sure. I cannot find what I was prescribed. Can I use neosporin?

Yes, Neosporin is an antibacterial so if the sore is bacterial, then it should help.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Ok so you can put neosporin inside the nose

Yes, you can.