Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question about shiny red skin splotches. 3 weeks.

I have a question...

I have a question about shiny red skin splotches

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

3 weeks. Nothing makes it better. Been trying Clotrimazone USP 1% but the spots are still getting larger. Sometimes the skin itches, but not every day.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The affected skin is on the penis shaft and head only. Haven't engaged in unprotected sex for at least a year.

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/25/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Can you please post a photo of the affected area here?

Two photos should be attached. Thank you for your assistance.

Thanks for the reply.

There are two differential diagnosis by looking at the photo here. It can be either psoraisis or a balanitis that is infection of the glans. Since its two weeks and disease is progressing you need to see a dermatologist for thorough examination for confirmation of diagnosis and prescription medicines. Meanwhile you can apply bacitracin ointment and 1 % hydrocortisone cream over it. This needs further evaluation though.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Will do. Thanks very much!!

My pleasure.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Sorry. 1 last question. Bought poly bacitracin by mistake. It contains polymyxin b. Would using this cause any issues instead of bacitracin alone?

No, polymyxin B is also an antibiotic and is often coupled with Bacitracin.

No problems here.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor