Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My toenail is falling off and it burns. Should I let it fall…

My toenail is falling off...
My toenail is falling off and it burns. Should I let it fall off on it's own or do something to help it fall of sooner. It scares me hat it is just going to rip off.
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/22/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture?

See attached

It is infected

you need to let it fall off but you also need oral antibiotics

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Ok. Thanks