Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My mother is 93 and just developed slight vaginal bleeding,

My mother is 93...

My mother is 93 and just developed slight vaginal bleeding

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Have not seen a doctor yet it just started tonight...she takes furosemide 20 tab daily/verapamil 240 mg tab daily/synthroid 137 mcg tab daily/escitalopram5 mg daily/Nexium 40 mg/potassium chloride oral and losartan/aspirin vitamin D

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

She is not allergic to any meds

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had heart attack in April of 2017 is on the mend and in much better health

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/22/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Dear,

It is is not normal to have any vaginal bleeding/ spotting at her age.

This should be further evaluated by your Gynecologist. Possible reasons for such bleeding are-

-Hormone problems,

-Atrophy of the vagina,

-Polyps (small growths) in the uterus or on the cervix,

-Hyperplasia (enlarged cells) of the lining of the uterus,

-Ovarian tumor.

She will be requiring pelvic examination, hormone blood tests along with a vaginal ultrasound scan for evaluation of cause.

If this is related with cervical polyps, then she may need to have them removed. For hormone imbalance she would be prescribed with oral medications and injections.

The line of treatment would be advised according to the cause.

Please take her to Gynecologist and get it clinically evaluated.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thank you very much for your quick response. I will contact her doctor in the moring.

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you !!

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Took my mother to have an ultrasound on Friday. Will wait to hear from the doctor. Thank you for your help.

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

Yes,you can update her report here & can be discussed.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor