Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently had an MRI of my shoulder done, but apparently it…

I recently had an MRI...
I recently had an MRI of my shoulder done, but apparently it didn't show the specific area that my doctor wanted to see, which means I now need another MRI that will require that I lay flat, which I can't do because of back and neck problems.I was able to do the previous MRI in a sitting position, which isn't available for this particular study. Would a CT scan be an acceptable alternative to r/o a lesion on bone?
I'm obviously not happy about the additional exposure to radiation.
8/22/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, a CT would be acceptable

No doubt about it

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Hi, Dr. Phil. Not that I don't appreciate your responding - but I'm wondering why questions I'm posting to oncology (usually seems to be Dr. David) appear to be rolling over to other experts. Did this question not come up under that category?

When a question isn't taken by an expert after a certain period of time, they are opened to all experts.

The powers that be at JA have deemed that an answer is better than waiting for most.

I'm sure this is true for most people

But you can always ask us to opt out if you like. We don't mind.

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
There's kind of a long history behind this question - which is the only reason I posted it to a specific person. However, I have also communicated at length with another expert regarding this problem, so it probably makes sense to follow up with him. I do appreciate your answer - which I'm sure is accurate! I will rate accordingly. Thanks again.