Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

On Monday of last week, I was swimming laps and noticed

every so often that it...
On Monday of last week, I was swimming laps and noticed every so often that it felt like I was jostled by waves hitting perpendicularly. Didn't think much of it. Tuesday felt fine and worked a long day. Wednesday through Saturday I felt a bit sick. I had what felt like a low-grade fever, some muscle, joint and neck aches, headaches, my eyes hurt every time I moved them. On Sunday those symptoms began to go away, but now I have a rash appearing on my torso. Any ideas? I'm out of town for work right now. Is this something serious?
A photo is attached
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/21/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

This looks more like a viral illness with a rash rather than anything to do with swimming and the cause is fatigue and low immunity due to physical stress.

You need to take a break. Most viral illnesses are self limiting and do not have any specific treatment except for symptomatic relief and bed rest and good hydration.

I would suggest that you start on Tylenol 2 tablets every 6 to 8 hours and keep yourself well hydrated. An anti histamine like Benadryl will help with the rash and if there is any itchiness on the rash.

A macular rash is pathognomic of a lot of viral illnesses so to predict preceisely which this is, is difficult.

You should also schedule an appointment with your Primary at your earliest.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor