Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My nake hurt when turn side to side only, about 2 wk. warm

my nake hurt when turn side to side only
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: about 2 wk. warm cloth helps
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: arthritis

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If you have arthritis, then the neck hurts because of the arthritis in the cervical spine. The best course of action will be to see an orthopedic or neurosurgeon and get a cervical spine examination plus x rays done. If this is in fact, arthritis then for immediate relief, they can inject a cortisone shot there and then follow up every 3 to 4 months to see how it works for you.

For now, you should wear a soft neck collar to support the neck. Massage thrice a day with Ibuprofen liquigel on the back of the neck and start on Aleve 500mg twice a day.

A hot bath at night and hot fomentation will prevent the stiffness in the mornings.

You can also start on a herbal anti inflammatory like Turmeric. It comes in 500 mg capsules and you can buy it over the counter. Take 2 x 500mg capsule twice a day.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.