Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Is it possible not to have STD or STI symptoms for several

Is it possible not to have STD or STI symptoms for several years?

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

If the initial illness was not completely treated, is is possible to have recurrent symptoms.

If you have herpes, then you can get recurrent outbreaks, even if the initial problem was adequately treated. Chlamydia can return also even after treatment.

What was the initial STI that you had and how was it treated?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I never had STD's but my boyfriend claims right after being intimate he felt an irritation. The irritation got worse along with a discharge from the penis and a little pain. He believes it might be an STI such as chamlyphia. However, I've never been with anyone else but him for the last 2 years. He got tested and waiting for the results. Is it possible it could be an STI if I have not been with anyone else? Do STI sylmptoms show the same moment if infection?

Since his feeling of irritation was immediately after relations, this is not an STI that he got from you. If he has a Chlamydia infection, it may have come from elsewhere. Males don't usually have symptoms from Chlamydia. May I suggest you wait to see the result of his testing and if positive, then you also get tested and if needed, treated. Females with Chlamydia usually have vaginal irritation, odor and discharge. Since you don't mention that you have any symptoms, I doubt that you have any STI yourself. Again, wait for the results of his test and possibly discuss his fidelity.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for the information.

You are welcome.