Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I'm a 25 year old male, uncircumcised and I still have this

I'm a 25 year old male, uncircumcised and I still have this tingling/pin prick feeling on the glans of my penis. It's not constant feeling, it comes and goes. I've been tested for stds along with urinalysis/culture also a swab of the glands and urethra and all came back negative. I did however got diagnosed with yeast infection on July 24th and I've been taking nystatin clotrimazole cream twice daily and I just got done using the last bit of it. Any idea of what this could be? I've seen my primary care and a urologist and the urologist says that I look fine and healthy. I do have an appointment with a dermatologist on August 30th. And I was told it's probably not HPV since that is my main fear. I do get a small red rash on glans of penis but I believe it is from irritation of rubbing against clothes. Please help

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

From your description it is not herpes, but most likely a fungal/yeast infection (jock itch). Since you have completed treatment with an appropriate medication for fungus, may I suggest you wear 100% cotton underwear. Perspiration can cause a recurring yeast infection. Any made made fiber such as polyester or nylon can increase perspiration and prolong an infection of this type. Also washing with a mild soap such as baby wash or shampoo can be less irritating than most other forms of soap. You may also try over the counter 1% Hydrocortisone cream applied twice daily which will help reduce any further irritation.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay I will definitely do that! One more question I know I've already been told its probably not HPV from another doctor but does any of this sound like it to you?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
also was it the yeast infection that caused this tingling/pin prick feeling? And how long do you think this feeling/irritation will last?

HPV usually presents with warts, not just redness/irritation. So your chances of this being HPV is very very slight.

The symptoms you have, tingling irritation should resolve after the rash is gone, 2-3 weeks. Unless, you are getting continued irritation from rubbing against clothing and perspiration, especially if you wear undergarments containing man-made fibers or if you wear no underwear.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you so much Dr. Stan you have really helped me today. I hope you have a great day!!

You are welcome.