Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My puppy has scratched my eye just on edge of cornea it's

My puppy has scratched my...
My puppy has scratched my eye just on edge of cornea it's watering and blurry and irritates to blink can I use something at home I have zaditen single dose units r they ok till I see dr tomorrow
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?
Customer: It only happened at 5/30
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
8/19/2017
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Is it only on the corner of the eye? Not on the cornea (where the dark part of the eyeball is)?

Right on the edge of the big dark Cornea I can see the scratch in mirror

I'm sure it's tough but if you can send a picture it would help. The drops you have aren't good to use. I would only use artificial tears such as Refresh. But that one is a histamine blocker which you don't want to use in case an infection is developing.

Is it really painful or tolerable? See how it is in the morning, if better then you may not need to be seen, if it becomes red and light sensitive then get seen.

Right eye

Oh, perfect pic! Great, that's not a bad area at all.

If you could find some artificial tears that would be great.

But if you don't that's fine too.

Wash it out tonight before going to bed and you'll be perfect tomorrow. I highly doubt you're going to need to see one of us in the morning.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Many thanks dr mo

Anytime.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD