Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

For the past week and a half I have noticed that my bp has

For the past week and a half I have noticed that my bp has been higher. My diastolic in particular. I have a home monitor and noticed last week I felt very agitated and anxious... more so than usual as I have anxiety attacks and am a borderline hypochondriac. I checked my pressure and at that time it was 130/90! Once I seen that I have been obsessively checking it 5 times a day. It will be 115/85 105/88 106/86 108/78 110/70 then back to the mid 80's! Diastolic stays in 80's! I am now a paranoid wreck! I quit smoking a year ago and have been smoking a few cigarettes here and there for the past couple of weeks. But on days that I don't smoke... it's still in the 80's! I am always 105-110/68-75 for years!! I'm so scared that I have a heart issue or something! I'm 42 yr old female 5'2 125 lbs! No medical problems that I know of.... I just THINK I do!

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The range of systolic blood pressure for most healthy adults falls between 90 and 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Your systolic blood pressure of 110-130 is normal.

Normal diastolic blood pressure ranges between 60 and 80 mm Hg. Your diastolic blood pressure of 70-80 is again normal.

There is nothing to worry about your blood pressure reading.You are just over concern & anxious.

Your blood pressure reading of 130/90 is borderline but just a single high reading-you cannot be labelled as hypertensive.

Stress causes the hypothalamus gland to release certain hormones called adrenaline and cortisol, by way of the adrenal glands. These hormones cause certain metabolic reactions within the body. Such changes include increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, and increased glusoce production for an increased energy supply.

Try to relax yourself.Breathe slowly, deeply, and well. Relaxation begins with slow, deep breathing from your diaphragm. Get enough sleep, nourishment, and exercise.

So bot***** *****ne is that there is nothing to worry about your blood pressure reading.There is nothing of concern here.Please be relaxed.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But it's in the 80's 85, 88, hits 90 a couple times but goes right back down. So my diastolic in the mid to high 80's is fine when I'm normally 68-75?

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,even if your diastolic BP is in mid 80's or upto 90,there is nothing concern or serious here.

Stress can be a major factor for such fluctuations.

Following is recommended for you:

Restrict your salt intake .

-Drink plenty of water.

-Limit your alcohol & avoid smoking.

-If you are overweight,then loose weight.

-Eat a healthy diet.

-Eat less fat and sodium.

You do need any anti-hypertensive medication.

Hope my answer had helped you.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One more question sorry. Why would my systolic be so good but diastolic be raised? What would cause only the bottom number to increase like that?

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Systolic blood pressure represents how much force the heart exerts when it contracts whereas the diastolic pressure blood pressure represents how much pressure there is when the heart relaxes.

There is no exact known cause that why some people have only raised diastolic BP.

Unusually high levels of certain substances that raise blood pressure, such as angiotensin, or inappropriate contraction of tiny muscles in the arteriole walls are two possible reasons.

Your blood pressure reading cannot be considered as hypertension.

You just need to monitor your BP 1-2 times in a week & follow the above measures to control your BP. There is no need of any medication as of now.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh