DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My wife has felt ill since the morning, with nausea and

My wife has felt ill since the morning, with nausea and later diarrhea.This is not the first time, she has had similar episodes in the past. Her tests (upper GI, colonoscopy - last done some 15 months ago, are all normal).
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: She has seen doctor in the past, but situation gets better in 24 hours or so, and then back to normal. My corcern this time is that her blood pressure has spiked up this time... average 160/100. It's been at that level for at least two hours.
JA: Is this consistent, or is there some fluctuation in blood pressure?
Customer: Fairly consistent... goes up to 165 then down to 155, but the average is actually 162/102
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She takes synthroid (??) and the levels are under control. She was diagnosed some 20 years ago with neurocardiogenic syncope, and takes atenonol for that. This latter condition was deemed to be the cause for the fainting and nausea (accompanied by diarrhea.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

What is your question exactly

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pending a visit with her doctor tomorrow, should I be concerned with the blood pressure level? She has never had her pressure this high
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll wait for the typed answer.

It needs to be evaluated at this point.

Tomorrow is OK if:

a. it does not keep going higher.

b. she does not develop symptoms such as headache.

This is not at a dangerous level at this point, but if any of the above two points happen, the to the ER.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
rated 5

Thanks, ***** ***** to click the 5 at the top of the page.

Let me know if you do not see the scale.

Please click it manually.

Thanks