Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I started having some sharp pains in my right breast should…

Hi I started having...

Hi I started having some sharp pains in my right breast should I go to the ER

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Yesterday but today it is pretty bad comes and goes. I noticed it got worse when I had diet coke today. lately I have been drinking more than ever (diet Coke)

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I stated taking a new high blood pressure med about 2 weeks ago

8/17/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have any pain or numbness in left arm?

Does the chest pain increases on exertion like upon walking?

Ant discomfort in breathing?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having pain in right breast is most likely suggestive of gastric reflux.

This does not seem to be due to heart disease.

Your excessive drinking of coke can lead to gastric reflux & hence these symptoms.

GERD(gastro esophageal reflux disease) is a condition in which the esophagus becomes irritated or inflamed because of acid backing up from the stomach.

To get relief ,following is recommended for you now:

· Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.

· Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to go to ER/doctor office as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Dear customer

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & I am waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Hello Dr Josh,
Thank you very much for getting back to me. Its not that kind of pain. It is coming from the right side of the right breast and the pain travels to the nipple with a little burning feeling after the pain passes. I am more concerned I may have breast cancer and it is to late for care

No,these are not the symptoms of breast cancer.Please do not worry about that.

There is nothing serious or dangerous here.

gastric reflux seems to be the most probable cause.

Please take the above described medications.This will help you greatly.

Your symptoms are not due to any cancer or anything serious.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr. David, Radiation Oncology Attending Director
Phone call session started
Thank you DR Josh, One last thing. Can the caffeine I am drinking cause this?

Yes,as I said above that caffeine/coke you are drinking is one of the most common aggravating factor.

please stop drinking it further & take these medications from your pharmacy.Your symptoms will subside very soon.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

you are the best. Thank you again for your quick response.You Rock!!!

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh