Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

To recap our conversation from the other day, am I correct

To recap our conversation from the other day, am I correct in my understanding that hiv does not start to affect hormones at a 1.5 years? It typically occurs in a later phase? Additionally, I've read a bit about your mention that Tysabri has potential to change the way the disease behaves. Is it possible that it could have delayed seroconversion thus delaying seeding and immune response or is this simply far fetched?

am I correct in my understanding that hiv does not start to affect hormones at a 1.5 years? It typically occurs in a later phase?

Yes, that is correct.

Is it possible that it could have delayed seroconversion?

No, there is no evidence that it will delay seroconversion, as I said before.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why do people have delay in immune response?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
test - then +

Which people are you referring to. Everybody tests negative initially and then tests positive later. But people will test positive for HIV by the end of the testing window.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Which is?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm just worried that my test was wrong. I plan on getting tested again next week.

What do you mean by "which is?" Everybody is every person.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is the testing window?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What would delay me from having a immune response? I am a 32 year women in good health (other than MS) would I be a typical person that would exhibit slow immune response?

It is what we talked about the other day, when I said that the only test that is 100% is the test done at 12 weeks (3 months).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm just worried that the test was wrong at 23 days
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also, what do CBCs typically look like after exposure?

The odds of that are what we have discussed.

CBCs typically are normal initially after exposure. It takes some time for the CD4 count (a type of lymphocyte) to decrease significantly, and even when the CD4 decreases, the other white blood cells are frequently normal, so the overall CBC looks normal.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, thank you. I am Sorry for the redundancy.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have a great day!

You are very welcome.

Please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.