Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I wanted to know is there a bad interaction when taking an…

I wanted to know...

I wanted to know is there a bad interaction when taking an antibiotic such as flagyl with a birth control method like Mibelas 24 Fe?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Increased appetite and nausea

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have pcos which is why I'm taking the birth control and ever since I had a LEEP I have been having recurrent BV.

8/16/2017
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Ok thank you I'll be waiting.

Yes, the flagyl will decrease the potency of your birth control

I would use backup contraception (condoms) if needed until you are off the flagyl for one week

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor