Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have developed this rash on both of my legs (lower) a

Good morning Doctor's Assistant:...

Good morning

Doctor's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

I have developed this rash on both of my legs (lower) a couple of months ago. I thought it was some kind of ringworm and now it has spread like all in one and I think it might be due to different kinds of OTC medication ? I don't know what to do ?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take blood pressure med only

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No that is all

8/16/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

i did already
i can't i am at work.

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept it

Does this itch at all?

before yes, not anymore.

OK

It's not fungal like ringworm

It's a form of dermatitis--probably a type of inflammatory eczema

For now I'd suggest over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream twice a day for two weeks but if that doesn't clear it you'll need prescription tacrolimus cream from your doctor

Please let me know if you need any more information

what causes dermatitis? I never had any skin issues before

Usually it just happens without a specific trigger

It doesn't indicate a systemic disease

But it may take a biopsy to determine exactly what type of dermatitis it is

thank you

My pleasure and call on me anytime