Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a viral rash that keeps spreading and want to know if…

Customer Question
I have a viral...

I have a viral rash that keeps spreading and want to know if a viral rash is contagious.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have seen a doctor a few months ago for the same condition that is why I am sure it is a viral rash. There is Triamcinolone Acetonide Crean USP remaining and I am using that until I am able to get to my dermotologist.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take meds for high cholestoral (sp), depression, migraines, but I have been taking these same meds for quite some time.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?

The rash started on Friday and each day it moves to another part of my body. As I stated I cannot get to my dermotolgist until tomorrow. I just want to know if a viral rash is contagious.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
8/13/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 1 year ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am unable to do this. I will request a refund.

No problem but can you at least describe the rash for me?