Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Husband has fever, extremely sore shoulder, weak and achy…

Husband has fever...

Husband has fever, extremely sore shoulder, weak and achy leg muscles, slight headache, 3 days of watery diarrhea.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Episodic, some nausea, this has been all week. Nausea is better today,. Also extremely fatigued. He worked all week though

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Normally very healthy. Mosquito bites from working on our pool

8/12/2017
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

watery diarrhea can cause dehydration and loss of potassium in his system which can cause muscle aches and cramps and headaches and severe fatigue

he may have had some food poisoning or a bad viral gastroenteritis

has he tried any Imodium or Kayopectate to help stop his diarrhea? he should

he should work on drinking more chicken broth or gadorade and fluids to hydrate himself if he is loosing fluid from diarrhea.

He has no vomiting

that is good

he should drink more fluids

and take some imodium to stop the diarrhea.

You wouldn't be concerned about flu or west nile?

west nile would be rare. and would cause fever and rash and enlarged lymph nodes.

viral flu can cause diarrhea.

usually it runs its course and gets better with some time

and can be helped by imodium

Ok. Final question and u appreciate your patience with me ��, he is complaining of an extremely sore shoulder- pain is deep. He thinks he must've stretched it snd feels magnified due to the dehydration. You agree?

yes.

he should ice the shoulder with bag of ice and use a heating pad to see if that helps

have him drink more fluids and take some tylenol which could help his pain.

Imodium for his diarrhea.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Thanks for your help!

you are welcome